13 Horror Street Submission Rules
13 HORROR STREET SITE SUBMISSION RULES
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE "HOTZIPPY LLC ADVERTISING TERMS AND CONDITIONS" FOR GENERAL TERMS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF "COMPANY" AND "ADVERTISERS." THIS DOCUMENT IS MEANT AS AN ADDENDUM TO ALL ADVERTISERS SEEKING TO RUN EBOOK PROMOTIONS ON 13 HORROR STREET.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
13 Horror Street displays eBook promotions on its website (http://13horrorstreet.com), on the following Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/13horrorstreet), on the following Twitter account (https://twitter.com/13horrorstreet), on the following Pinterest page (https://pinterest.com/13horrorstreet) and via our site’s daily email newsletter. It is recommended that you visit these pages or sign up for our site’s daily email newsletter to understand the design, arrangement and other aesthetic attributes of a promotional eBook advertisement as run by 13 Horror Street. Aside from aesthetics, familiarizing yourself with this site’s reader communities and promotional selections will further advise you on how well your promoted eBook may be accepted by our reader communities and editorial staff.
- GENRE & SUBGENRE CONSIDERATIONS
13 Horror Street currently does not accept any form of horror-themed romance (ie; paranormal romance, shapeshifter romance, alpha romance or erotica, etc) and is seen strictly as a horror site by both its reader communities and our editorial staff. Science Fiction submissions should be more like “Alien” and less like “Star Wars.” Fantasy submissions should be more like “The Call of Cthulhu” and less like “Game of Thrones.” In some cases, your eBook may be appropriately categorized as “horror” but still may be rejected by our editorial staff if the type of horror isn’t a good fit for our site and community. In the end, we’re looking more for “‘Salem’s Lot” than “Twilight.” 13 Horror Street does not accept books with titles, cover art or descriptions that contain profane or otherwise objectionable content. All 13 Horror Street Advertisement Submissions must select a subgenre that bests fits the eBook being promoted. The current list of subgenres is as follows:
- Apocalyptic Horror
- Cutting Edge Horror
- Dark Fantasy
- Extreme Horror
- Gay & Lesbian Horror
- Gothic Horror
- Horror Collections & Anthologies
- Horror Noir
- Horror Nonfiction
- Horror Short Stories
- Horror Westerns
- Humorous Horror
- Literary Horror
- Lovecraftian Horror
- Paranormal Horror
- Psychological Horror
- Satanic & Occult Horror
- Supernatural Horror
- PRICING CONSIDERATIONS
13 Horror Street promotes eBooks priced from $0.00 to $9.99:
- SALE PROMO -- When selecting the Sale Promo Plan your book will need to be discounted for a limited time. The sale price of a promoted book must cost $4.99 or less to qualify for promotion on 13 Horror Street. Your book MUST remain at the promoted price throughout the duration of your promotional advertisement on 13 Horror Street.
- STANDARD PROMO -- When selecting the Standard Promo Plan your book cannot be on a limited-time reduced price. The regular price of a promoted book must cost $9.99 or less to qualify for promotion on 13 Horror Street. Your book MUST remain at the promoted price throughout the duration of your promotional advertisement on 13 Horror Street.
- 30-DAY PROMO -- When selecting the 30-Day Promo Plan your book can be either on sale or at regular price. Your book must be $4.99 or less if on sale and $9.99 or less if regularly priced to qualify for promotion on 13 Horror Street. Your book's price may change at any time during the 30-Day Promo, but may not exceed the previously stated maximums.
- PAGE COUNT CONSIDERATIONS
- Fiction titles may not be less than 32 pages of content. Content EXCLUDES Tables of Content, Appendices, Title and Introductory pages, Link pages, About the Author pages, and Image pages.
- Nonfiction titles may not be less than 100 pages.
- Fiction titles that are 65 pages or less may not cost readers more than $0.99 to purchase.
- MINIMUM & MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PROMOTIONAL DAYS
All promotions must run a minimum of two days if they are to be approved by our editorial staff. There are several reasons for this minimum rule, the most important being that it can take more than 24 hours for our ads to propagate throughout our Social Networks and members of our email newsletter list often times open the emails the day after they are received. Two days of promotion make for better market saturation and a more likely chance for readers to discover your eBook.
There is no added charge for the second day of your promotional advertisement—both days are included in our low-cost pricing plan. The standard pricing structure is as follows:
- 2-Day Promotion - starting from $23
- 3-Day Promotion - starting from $32
- 5-Day Promotion - starting from $49
- 2-Day Promotion - starting from $24
- 3-Day Promotion - starting from $33
- 5-Day Promotion - starting from $50
- 7-Day Promotion - starting from $63
- 30-Day Promotion - starting from $337
- MODIFICATION OF SUBMISSION RULES & SERVICES
We reserve the right to modify the 13 Horror Street Submission Rules and/or 13 Horror Street Services at any time without notice. When changes are made, a new copy of the 13 Horror Street Submission Rules will be made available at the Author Portal. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of the 13 Horror Street Submission Rules. If you object to any changes to the 13 Horror Street Submission Rules and 13 Horror Street Services, your sole recourse will be to cease using them. Continued use of the 13 Horror Street Submissions or 13 Horror Street Services following the posting of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the modifications. We also reserve the right to discontinue the 13 Horror Street Submission Rules and/or 13 Horror Street Services at any time without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third-party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the 13 Horror Street Submission Rules or the 13 Horror Street Services.
Be sure to read
HotZippy LLC’s Advertising Terms of Service
for global guidelines and rules not specific to 13 Horror Street.
Updated May 03, 2016
13 Horror Street is a wholly owned subsidiary of HotZippy LLC ♦ 13 Horror Street -- Where Halloween Never Ends! © 2013 - 2016 HotZippy LLC
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
13 Horror Street ♦ 190 Bridlewood Drive ♦ Jacksonville, NC ♦ 28540